Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Solamente...

This should be short and to the point. As I was driving home today, my iPod picked Save Me from the Enter the Worship Circle album. The lyrics are taken from Psalm 69 which are:

Save me, oh God! for the waters have come up to my neck.
I am sinking to the bottom, where I cannot stand
I am calling to You, can You hear my cry?

Oh my God you've turned your eyes
Now my heart has come alive!

Only You have come to find me
Only You have come to pull me out
Only You have come to save me
Only You have come to wrap your arms around me

I just thought about all the things I look to for safety and comfort. And not only will those things ultimatley not save me or help me...they cant, wont, and didnt seek me out to do it. Not friends. Not family. Not lovers. Not children. Not jobs. Not pride. Not success. Not fear. Not status. Not power. Not hobbies. Not rest. Not laughter. Not alcohol. Not clothes. Not music. Not money.

Sorry, that list is kind of random but at some point I have thought one of those things would make me feel better, would satisfy. Nothing has pursued us and chased us to save us. Why do we look elsewhere for comfort? When all else fails me, which it will inevitably do, only He has come to find me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow this is exactly what ive been trying to learn...its hard to reemebr...

amanda