Friday, July 11, 2008

I <3 Atlanta...

Ok, well as some of you may know I love Diet Coke. Diet COKE mind you, not Pepsi. Sometimes I will drink Pepsi, however it is frowned upon. Sometimes, when im craving a DC, I want to go to a place, but I will not go there because they serve Pepsi, even if I want their food. Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Firehouse, and Panera are on that list. However, today I went to Panera due to a coworkers suggestion (just trying to be flexible and not cause any spats on the first week).

Well, for background on my ridiculous thought pathways, I had just been thinking the day before how our hospital had Coke and how delightful that was. Then I figured that should have been obvious since The Coke World Headquarters is here in Atlanta. I bet they dominate the cola sales around here. Then on the drive over to Panera that I wondered if they would have Coke products, because after all, Atlanta is the home of Coke. But then I realized Panera is a national chain and Im sure their contract with Pepsi takes authority.

Well, as I approcahed the fountain I saw what I expected, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. BUT THEN! at the end of the row were two spouts, one for Coca Cola and one for Diet Coke!!! I couldnt believe it! I mean, does ATL have some negotiation with every business here that they have to serve Coke products? This is huge! Can I get a Coke at Taco Bell? Does everyone have Coke? Oh man...I cannot wait to explore this possibility. So I enjoyed my 1/2 Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich and cup of French Onion soup with an ice cold Diet Coke...something I had never done before...delicious.

And that is why I love the ATL.

1 comment:

shannon said...

oh, now i clearly understand what you heart. i couldn't quite wrap my mind around it... but now it's become clear. thank you for removing that stumbling block.