Monday, January 18, 2010

Are you kidding me?

Those were the words I uttered upon hearing of the devastation in Haiti last Tuesday. This is a place that has captured my heart and mind as evidenced by the four previous posts. I was just in Port Au Prince not three weeks ago. My friends were still living there not five days ago. I have been overwhelmed this past week as to what to do.

I have come to realize that all I can do is pray, currently. I cannot physically be there, but the Father is there. I have also found it useful to stay updated in the goings on through friends' first person accounts, emails, and news sources. Hopefully when the time is right and an opportunity arises, I will be able to mobilize quickly and be used in a tangible way.

I do not think it will be useful to recap things that have happened, that can be done by reading Jay and Diana's blog or Jeremy's blog, which are linked on the sidebar to your left. I have also chosen a few articles that have been of interest to me and linked them below.

I urge you to let your heart ache if necessary, pray in abundance, give if you can, and go if you are called.

200,000+

This is not Katrina

Aftermath, Disease, and Water

Future Rebuilding Considerations

Rescue Stories

No comments: